CAPACITY MANAGEMENT AND NETWORK VIRTUALIZATION
Today’s central office bears little resemblance to the switching stations of the past, transitioning in recent years to something more reminiscent of a data center. As the hub of a 5G network, this modern central office controls a vast, virtualized network of 5G microsites while simultaneously hosting cloud offerings and managing amped-up back-end requirements.
The challenges in such an environment are familiar to data center managers: urgent capacity increases, capacity management, power protection and distribution, cooling IT systems, and monitoring and management of the distributed network. This is what we do. From racks, power systems, thermal management solutions and monitoring to modular solutions that bring it all together, we have the technologies and expertise to optimize a reliable, efficient 5G network core.
When a telecommunications company in Australia was preparing for its 5G rollout by fortifying its IT base, Vertiv helped make it happen. The team deployed Vertiv™ SmartRow™ and Vertiv™ SmartAisle™ modular solutions that brought together UPS systems, racks, and cooling infrastructure to meet those IT needs, allowing this provider of telco products and services to virtualize its IT backbone.
TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR 5G CORE CHALLENGES
- Sizing the power system to meet current and future requirements
- Enabling connectivity for remote monitoring
- Meeting the need for rapid deployment
- Evaluating heat loads to determine need for dedicated cooling
- Leveraging limited space at existing sites
SolutionsDC Power Systems Racks and Containment Uninterruptible Power Supplies Integrated Solutions
- Evaluating heat load to determine need for dedicated cooling
- Enabling remote environmental monitoring
- Provisioning for redundancy and monitoring to prevent downtime
- Maintaining visibility into DC power systems
- Ensuring easy access while maintaining robust security
- Accommodating greater mix of power in existing footprint
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Fill out the form or give us a call to connect to a specialist. Call us now 800-799-9295.
Thank you for your submission!
We will contact you shortly.