Powering IT With Visibility and Scalability
Rack power distribution units (rPDUs) are the “last mile” in the IT power chain. They not only expand the number of devices a rack can support, they can provide insight into power usage and enable remote outlet-level control of equipment power.
Vertiv™ Geist™ rPDU
- With basic, metered, monitored, and switched models, there’s a Geist rPDU for every application
- Intelligent rPDUs give you real-time visibility into device power consumption
- Switched rPDUs provide outlet-level control of equipment power
- To maximize flexibility, Geist Universal rPDUs support a broad range of power configurations
- Choose from a wide range of in stock models or configure to order
Quality and Innovation for Power’s Last Mile
With an abundance of models, Vertiv™ Geist™ rPDUs deliver the quality, functionality, and configurability that edge sites require. From basic to switched configurations, the functionality is tested for reliability and most models feature an upgradeable design.
The innovative Geist Universal PDU (UPDU):
- Offers maximum flexibility
- Supports common AC power configurations ranging from 16-60 amps and 120-415 volts
- Accepts the most common plug types in any combination within a single strip
- Is available in basic and “smart” models
- Brings a new level of simplicity and standardization to rPDU deployment with universal design
Read this application brief to learn more about how the UPDU can simplify infrastructure deployments globally.
Selecting the Right rPDU for Your Edge Site
With a myriad of options available, choosing a rack PDU for your application can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Here’s how to ensure you select what you need:
Define total power requirements
Determine the total kilowatts (kW) for the server rack where the rPDU will be installed.
Make sure you have desired power capacity available. Some sites have capacity that is limited by power availability.
Determine device requirements
Identify the amperage, voltage, and receptacle type for the equipment you will be connecting to the rPDU.
If you’re unsure about the requirements of future sites, but want consistency across the network, Vertiv™ Geist™ Universal rPDUs are a smart choice.
Select the level of intelligence your application requires
Reliable power distribution without monitoring or switching
Reliable power distribution with local power monitoring
Reliable power distribution with local and remote power monitoring
Reliable power distribution with local and remote power monitoring and ability to switch outlets on and off
For distributed edge applications, Monitored and Switched rPDUs deliver high value by enabling remote, centralized power management. Learn more about the different types of rack PDUs.
Select your configuration and outlet needs
Horizontal rPDUs have 8-16 outlets. Vertical rPDUs have up to 54 outlets and do not consume any rack space.
Choose a stock configuration or configure to order
We have a broad range of rPDUs in stock but also offer configure-to-order solutions that allow you to define chassis color, outlet and plug type, intelligence, and cord length for your rPDUs.
Outlet & Plug Type
We’ve Got This. Tell Us About Your Edge
Tell us about your project, and we will work with you to understand your requirements and connect you with the right IT infrastructure for your edge.
Thank you for your submission!