CAPACITY MANAGEMENT AND NETWORK VIRTUALIZATION
Today’s central office bears little resemblance to the switching stations of the past, transitioning in recent years to something more reminiscent of a data center. As the hub of a 5G network, this modern central office controls a vast, virtualized network of 5G microsites while simultaneously hosting cloud offerings and managing amped-up back-end requirements.
The challenges in such an environment are familiar to data center managers: urgent capacity increases, capacity management, power protection and distribution, cooling IT systems, and monitoring and management of the distributed network. This is what we do. From racks, power systems, thermal management solutions and monitoring to modular solutions that bring it all together, we have the technologies and expertise to optimize a reliable, efficient 5G network core.
Vertiv helped a major communications service provider operating in more than 180 countries densify its smart network and increase capacity. This telco decided to leverage high-voltage direct current (HVDC) power in their telecom exchange sites achieve the lowest throughput cost and highest availability of service while also being more sustainable. By deploying Vertiv™ NetSure™ HVT power and converter systems the telco is mitigating the capital, operational, and environmental challenges of 5G.
TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR 5G CORE CHALLENGES
- Sizing the power system to meet current and future requirements
- Enabling connectivity for remote monitoring
- Meeting the need for rapid deployment
- Evaluating heat loads to determine need for dedicated cooling
- Leveraging limited space at existing sites
SolutionsDC Power Systems Racks and Containment Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Liebert® EXL S1 UPS, 100-1200 kW
- Liebert® EXS UPS, 10-80 kVA
- Liebert® Trinergy Cube UPS, 150 kW-3.4 MW
- Evaluating heat load to determine need for dedicated cooling
- Enabling remote environmental monitoring
- Provisioning for redundancy and monitoring to prevent downtime
SolutionsDC Power Systems In-Row Cooling Rack Cooling Room Cooling
- Liebert® PCW, Chilled Water Room Cooling Unit
- Liebert® PDX, Direct Expansion Floor-Mount Cooling Unit, from 15 to 165 kW
- Liebert® AFC, Adiabatic Freecooling Chillers
- Liebert® OFC - Oil-Free Centrifugal Chiller
- Liebert® HPC-S - Air-cooled, Freecooling and Adiabatic Freecooling Chillers
- Liebert® HPC-L and HPC-M, Freecooling Chillers
- Liebert® HPC-W, Water-Cooled Chillers
- Maintaining visibility into DC power systems
- Ensuring easy access while maintaining robust security
- Accommodating greater mix of power in existing footprint
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Fill out the form or give us a call to connect to a specialist.
Thank you for your submission!
We will contact you shortly.