COMPUTING CLOSER TO THE USER
Although 5G networks and the Edge have emerged and grown independently, they share a core objective: enabling advanced, low-latency applications by bringing computing closer to the end user. Today, telecom providers are deploying their own edge resources and exploring relationships with existing edge computing providers to support their growing 5G networks.
As edge computing has become increasingly essential to critical business operations, the sites have become more robust and sophisticated, with enterprise-level availability requirements and remote monitoring and management capabilities. At Vertiv, we enable this functionality through smart AC UPS and power distribution systems, efficient thermal management solutions, simple-to-use monitoring platforms, advanced console servers and KVMs, and integrated, modular systems that efficiently bring it all together.
Which ecosystem wil be most important in the creation of new revenue services from the edge?
When a telecommunications company in Australia was preparing for its 5G rollout by fortifying its IT base, Vertiv helped make it happen. The team deployed Vertiv™ SmartRow™ and Vertiv™ SmartAisle™ modular solutions that brought together UPS systems, racks, and cooling infrastructure to meet those IT needs, allowing this provider of telco products and services to virtualize its IT backbone.
EDGE TECHNOLOGY TO SUPPORT 5G
- Sizing power to meet current and future requirements
- Enabling connectivity for remote monitoring
- Addressing greater mix of power due to network convergence
- Leveraging limited space at existing sites
- Evaluating line interactive versus double conversion UPS topologies
- Ensuring adequate resources are available for UPS service
- Intelligent Load Management Data Sheet
- Smart Solutions Brochure
- Chorus Case Study
- UPS Selector
- Geist™ Rack PDU Finder
- Lithium-ion Battery FAQ
- UPS Technology Comparison Fact Sheet
- Types of UPS Systems Blog
- Streamlining Problem Resolution in Remote Sites White Paper
- Premium Power Protection Application Brief
SolutionsDC Power Systems Integrated Solutions Uninterruptible Power Supplies Power Distribution Racks and Containment Rack Cooling In-Row Cooling Services
- Evaluating heat load to determine need for dedicated cooling
- Enabling remote environmental monitoring
- Identifying the key variables required for monitoring
- Ensuring power and thermal infrastructure are equipped for connectivity
- Ensuring resources are available to monitor and respond to alerts
- Evaluating potential for standardizing infrastructure to simplify ordering, configuration and deployment
- Determining feasibility of using factory integration services to receive IT-ready infrastructure on site
- Determining the availability and skill level of resources to install edge technology
- What local resources are available for installation and servicing of remote resources
- Ensuring timely response to service requirements, such as low
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Fill out the form or give us a call to connect to a specialist.
Thank you for your submission!
We will contact you shortly.