Challenges and Opportunities in Education IT
- A typical campus would have multiple buildings – all connected to the same network. Typically, an IT manager would be responsible for managing the entire campus network.
- As IT is not the main business of educational institutions, normally there is only a small IT team. Faced with this challenge, the IT manager manager would need visibility, access, control and management of all of the IT assets spread throughout the campus…all from his office.
- IT managers must ensure that sensitive student data and information are protected against cyber attacks and other threats.
- The school’s IT assets must be protected in its entirety, from hardware to software.
- On the data center level, assets must be protected through centralized monitoring for insight, security and ease of management.
- E-Rate (also known as the Schools and Library Program of the Universal Service Fund) is a budget extender for Public K-12 schools and districts and nonprofit schools that need affordable access to telecommunications and internet services.
- Through the federally funded E-rate program, schools are eligible to receive discounts between 20-85% on Vertiv UPS, power distribution, and racks/enclosures.
- Find out more about E-Rate and Vertiv
University's Edge Computing Solution Fuels Growth in a Developing Country
Approximately 7 million Papua New Guinea citizens live in rural areas, putting emphasis on agriculture education that sparks economic growth. Such is the role of a small university in this island nation, which recently doubled its degree programs and increased enrollment by more than 25%. To accommodate this growth, the university invested in a more resilient data center infrastructure that would support its new IP phone system.
Smart Thinking: Vertiv™ Cooling Technology Cuts University's Data Centre Energy Costs
When the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) decided to modernise the data centre it shares with Danish e-infrastructure Cooperation (DeiC), which coordinates the national digital research infrastructure for Danish universities, the energy efficiency of new data centre products was a key consideration, as well as equipment cost and performance.
Modernized Network Supports School District’s Remote Learning Needs
Updating power systems in its hybrid computing model while adding monitoring software allowed this school district in the Atlanta metropolitan area, which serves more than 43,000 K-12 students, to streamline UPS management while ensuring the power stability needed to keep stakeholders connect during a time of pandemic-driven remote learning.
California School District Enables Modern Classrooms with Vertiv™ SmartRow™ Solution
Funded by community tax dollars, the Monterey Peninsula Unified School District needed to be fiscally responsible while upgrading the UPS that supports its IT network, yet the district also needed its critical power and thermal equipment deployed within a six-week timeline.
Vertiv Guide to Edge Technology
Edge computing is simply optimizing data processing. The vast amounts of data created by organizations can not always wait to be processed off site by corporate networks or cloud providers. This data produced by users devices, machines, or machine-to-machine (M2M) connections, can be collected and analyzed at the edge to provide immediate insights for businesses and applications that can not afford any delays due to latency.
Visibility, Flexibility Key to Effective Network Services During Pandemic
The ongoing pandemic is changing the way we live and work in innumerable ways. Millions of us transitioned overnight to working or studying from home, a process that certainly tested the nerve of technophobes and -philes alike. Likewise, many industries confronted fundamental changes in the way they interact with their clientele.
Vertiv Smart Infrastructure for Enabling the Technology-Driven Education in a Digital Era
Technology injects an improved way of thinking and doing the normal things differently, better and faster with less hassle and at a much more affordable rat
County and Schools Partner with Local Vertiv Office for Data Center of the Future
When Henrico County, VA and Henrico County Schools came together to build a new, shared data center, they turned to the Local Vertiv Office in Richmond to help build a more efficient and scalable data center.