Avocent Serial Console Management
Align with the Leader when Managing your IT Equipment
ACS Serial Consoles
The Avocent ACS serial consoles build on Avocent’s renowned enterprise class data center products to provide in-band and out-of-band serial access to remotely manage IT devices anywhere in the world. Zero-touch provisioning (ZTP), automatic pin-out detection, and robust security add to the management capabilities of the ACS product family. Environmental monitoring capability, IoT integration, and remote networking capabilities make the ACS ideal for edge locations, enterprise data centers, and hyperscale/colo facilities.
Beyond Emergencies —
The Greater Role for Serial Consoles
Serial consoles are extremely beneficial to address emergency situations such as accessing locked-up devices and loss of IP band connectivity. This webinar lets you learn how to use serial consoles for more than emergency response.Watch the Webinar Now
Avocent Serial Consoles Provide a Single-Point of Access to Critical System Data
What does remote access do?
What is the value to the customer?
|Remotely manage and administer devices/applications||Efficient provisioning and operation of devices|
|Troubleshoot device issues remotely||Faster recovery time
Reduce unexpected operating cost (OPEX)
|Reduces physical access to devices||Prevents unauthorized user access to devices
Prevents inadvertent shutdown
Prevents power overload/unbalanced loads
|Assign and manage user access to devices||Prevents unathorized system changes|
Avocent ACS 800 Serial Console
Provides serial access, environmental monitoring, IoT integration, and remote networking capability to edge-oriented market sectors including financial institutions, retail chains, and education.
Avocent DSView Management Software
The Avocent DSView software manages your Avocent hardware via secured web-browser-enabled sessions of infrastructure controls.
- Get remote access to servers and the network infrastructure incorporating a hub-spoke framework for database redundancy and distributed access.
- Provides detailed event tracking, session logging, and alert notifications.
- Securely and conveniently combine access to out-of-band and in-band services.
- Yochto project-based Linux
- Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP)
- In-band (ethernet) and out-of-band (dial-up/cellular modem) support
- Built-in v.92 analog modem
- Optional external 4G/LTE cellular router
- Automatic ethernet or cellular failover using second GbE port for failover
- Support for multiple-routing tables
- External AC/DC ethernet support
- USB support
- Preset security profiles: secure, moderate, and open
- Custom security profiles
- IPSec support with third-party certificates
- X.509 SSH certificate support
- SSHv1 and SSHv2
- Local, RADIUS, TACACS+, LDA/AD authentication
- Two-factor authentication (RSA SecurID®)
- One-time password (OTP)
- Secure in-band and out-of-band network remote management
- Fast, automated configuration with ZTP
- Access and troubleshoot remote locations using automatic network failover to cellular (and failback)
- Automatic pin-out detection for both Cyclades™ and Cisco pin-outs using straight through cables
- Compliance with data center access and security policies: customizable, multimple access levels
- Support for rack PDUs from Vertiv, ServerTech, APC, Raritan, and Eaton
- Support for Vertiv GXT4™ UPS systems
- IPv6 an dIPv4 support for new network deployments
- Support for Avocent DSView™ management software
- Strong dial-up and secure dial-back using optional built-in modem
- Console event logging and notification, including "last gasp" capture
- Regulatory compliance and easy troubleshooting: online and offline data logging with time stamps
- 4 USB ports to support new IT equipment and external devices
- Environmental sensor port to connect temperature, humidity, differential pressure, leak, door pin sensors (up to 8 can be daisy-chained)