Avocent KVM-over-IP Switches
Avocent KVM-over-IP switches provide a single point of access to critical systems data locally or around the world.
What Does Remote Access Do?
What is the Value to the Customer?
|Remotely manage and administer devices/applications||Efficient provisioning and operation of devices|
|Troubleshoot device issues remotely||Faster recovery time
Reduced unexpected operating costs (OPEX)
|Reduces physical access to devices||Prevents unauthorized user access to devices
Prevents inadvertent shutdowns
Prevents power overload/unbalanced loads
|Assign and manage user access to devices||Prevents unauthorized system changes|
Without Avocent KVM-over-IP switches and DSView Software, Users must be physically located at the device to perform operational or recovery/emergency tasks. This often involves time and expense of dispatching staff to remote locations or entering a secure location.
Avocent KVM over IP Switch Solutions
MergePoint Unity KVM Switches
The Avocent MergePoint Unity KVM over IP Switch provides IT administrators a complete remote management solution to access and control servers, networking equipment and other devices found in data centers and branch offices.
- Meet service level agreements and minimize downtime through a unified approach that provides IT administrators a faster method to diagnose, reconfigure, or restore equipment.
- Virtual Media support enables USB media such as CD-ROMs, flash memory, and external drives to be virutally attached to a remote server's USB port.
- CAC/Smart Card Support allows remote or local users to map a USB-based smart card reader to the attached servers and authenticate using their smart cards.
- FIPS 140-2 compliance based on the FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic modules (certificate number 1051).
- Remote KVM sessions support HTML5 which eliminates the need to install a Java on clients.
Avocent DSView Software
The Avocent DSView software manages your Avocent hardware via secured web-browser-enabled sessions of infrastructure controls.
- Get remote access to servers and the network infrastructure incorporating a hub-spoke framework for database redundancy and distributed access.
- Provides detailed event tracking, session logging, and alert notifications.
- Securely and conveniently combine access to out-of-band and in-band services.
AV 3000 AutoView KVM Switches
The Avocent AV3000 AutoView KVM series offers consolidated server management options for small data centers and remote/branch/offices.
- Simplify local and remote access to your IT infrastructure with best-in-class, field-proven line of Avocent switches.
- Switches can be tiered to provide consolidated management of up to 256 targets.
- Common Access Card (CAC)/Smart Card support with encryption and password protection provides security you can depend on.