Avocent KVM-over-IP Switches
Avocent KVM-over-IP switches provide a single point of access to critical systems data locally or around the world.
What Does Remote Access Do?
Remotely manage and administer devices/applications
Troubleshoot device issues remotely
Reduces physical access to devices
Assign and manage user access to devices
What is the Value to the Customer?
Efficient provisioning and operation of devices
Faster recovery time
Reduced unexpected operating costs (OPEX)
Prevents unauthorized user access to devices
Prevents inadvertent shutdowns
Prevents power overload/unbalanced loads
Prevents unauthorized system changes
Without Avocent KVM-over-IP switches and DSView Software, Users must be physically located at the device to perform operational or recovery/emergency tasks. This often involves time and expense of dispatching staff to remote locations or entering a secure location.
Avocent KVM over IP Switch Solutions
MergePoint Unity KVM Switches
The Avocent MergePoint Unity KVM over IP Switch provides IT administrators a complete remote management solution to access and control servers, networking equipment and other devices found in data centers and branch offices.
- Meet service level agreements and minimize downtime through a unified approach that provides IT administrators a faster method to diagnose, reconfigure, or restore equipment.
- Virtual Media support enables USB media such as CD-ROMs, flash memory, and external drives to be virutally attached to a remote server's USB port.
- CAC/Smart Card Support allows remote or local users to map a USB-based smart card reader to the attached servers and authenticate using their smart cards.
- FIPS 140-2 compliance based on the FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic modules (certificate number 1051).
- Remote KVM sessions support HTML5 which eliminates the need to install a Java on clients.
Avocent DSView Software
The Avocent DSView software manages your Avocent hardware via secured web-browser-enabled sessions of infrastructure controls.
- Get remote access to servers and the network infrastructure incorporating a hub-spoke framework for database redundancy and distributed access.
- Provides detailed event tracking, session logging, and alert notifications.
- Securely and conveniently combine access to out-of-band and in-band services.
AV 3000 AutoView KVM Switches
The Avocent AV3000 AutoView KVM series offers consolidated server management options for small data centers and remote/branch/offices.
- Simplify local and remote access to your IT infrastructure with best-in-class, field-proven line of Avocent switches.
- Switches can be tiered to provide consolidated management of up to 256 targets.
- Common Access Card (CAC)/Smart Card support with encryption and password protection provides security you can depend on.