Many industry companies use audio and video in their day-to-day operations. These organizations need to receive and share data, process data-intensive feeds without latency, and collaborate on real-time and mission-critical operations. Here is how DisplayPort KVM Switches help them achieve their goals.
What is a DisplayPort KVM Switch? A DisplayPort KVM Switch is a keyboard, video monitor, and mouse (KVM) switch that provides the ability to connect one or more DisplayPort monitors, USB keyboards, and USB mice. When combined with Secure KVM Switch functionality, they provide heightened security for sensitive operations.
What are they used for? DisplayPort KVM Switches enable users to view and process high-resolution video and audio, transfer data at high speeds, and share peripherals such as hard drives and webcams. Like other KVM switches, they also provide single-point access to remote devices and valuable system data without compromising the health or security of the devices. This reduces the need for costly computing equipment, scales IT time and effort, and enables regulated and mission-critical organizations to enforce strict security controls.
What do they help manage?
- Audio and video on multi-screen workstations
- USB 3.0 peripherals such as hard drives and webcams
- The secure viewing and processing of information feeds on different networks or workstations
What’s unique about them?
- Staff can control PCs and servers wherever they’re located, meaning that they could be in the next room or on the other side of the globe.
- DisplayPort KVM Switches enable users to receive and process data-intensive audio and video feeds without latency, enabling real-time operations.
- Users can view video in ultra-high definition/4K resolution, for astonishing clarity of imagery.
- When used with USB 3.0 and above, these switches enable data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps.
- These switches provide four secure, isolated channels for receiving and processing information.
- They allow the secure handling of information on different networks that protects their different classification levels.
- They control two to four connected devices, such as computers, hard drives, webcams, and more.
Who uses them? Representative customers for DisplayPort KVM Switches include film, video, entertainment, and news companies; financial services firms; gamers; government organizations; managed services providers; and security and surveillance teams at industry organizations.
Why are they important? Companies increasingly use audio and video to conduct their operations and need to empower staff to access key data and collaborate on critical decisions. In industries such as financial services, latency issues can harm operations. In governmental services, audio and video is instrumental to executing mission-critical operations in the military, national security, and other arenas.
Which industries use them?
- Film, video, entertainment, and news companies use DisplayPort KVM Switches to process data-intensive video and audio and collaborate on post-production.
- Architectural and construction firms use DisplayPort KVM Switches to perform computer-aided design (CAD) work, developing complex renderings and models.
- Financial services companies use DisplayPort KVM Switches to receive and share large quantities of data among users, without latency. Users process information in real-time to make decisions, such as financial trades.
- Gamers use multiple screens and high-resolution video to ensure an immersive gaming experience.
- Government organizations incorporate real-time video and audio feeds to make decisions and run mission-critical operations.
- Managed service providers and industry companies leverage the high-resolution screens, data transfer, and collaboration capabilities to manage data center operations for their clients and themselves.
- Information security teams at industry companies need to monitor IT networks, systems, and apps for anomalies and use high-resolution screens to process the large amounts of real-time data they receive.
- Surveillance teams monitor video feeds to maintain physical security at local and remote sites.
What benefits do they provide?
- Incorporate multiple audio and video sources
- Provide high-quality video, creating an immersive experience
- View and process complex information
- Enable highly secure collaboration, protecting information
- Enable seamless, reliable, and robust switching
- Empower staff to work more efficiently
- Eliminate latency and loss of quality
- Reduce noise levels and emissions
- Decrease cost, as many computers can be replaced by screens
- Provide expanded USB support
Why use Vertiv solutions? Vertiv Secure Desktop KVM Switches provide proven, secure access to audio and video for real-time, mission-critical operations. They enable the secure handling of information at different classification levels, for multiple levels of physical and CAC capability. The SC900 series provides push-button switching between networks. It also high-resolution compatibility using HDMI, DisplayPort, and DVI technology.