Vertiv prioritizes industry safety standards to protect our employees and customers.
Excellence in safety is vital to the well-being of our customers, our employees, and their families. It is a core value and essential to all aspects of our business — every job, every day, no exceptions. We strive to achieve an injury-free workplace by relentlessly reducing risks. Vertiv is committed to providing the tools, training and protective equipment that enables our employees to work safely.
Vertiv employs a global occupational health and safety management system to govern environmental, health, and safety (EHS). Our corporate EHS policy includes minimum requirements and standards for EHS across the company and covers all employees, as well as contractors and members of the public who are on company premises.
Vertiv’s regional and functional EHS leaders are responsible for maintaining and updating EHS guidelines, which include emergency procedures, training standards, accident-reporting procedures, fire safety procedures, roles and responsibilities, and other important information. All employees are responsible for following safety rules, using personal protective equipment, actively participating in required training, and reporting safety issues and concerns to management at their respective work sites.
Furthermore, we incorporate EHS training within our scheduled training programs, as part of a systematic training plan. Specific areas of training include incident reporting, emergency response, personal protective equipment, lockout-tagout, safe tool use, and other topics pertaining to workplace risks.
- Tied to the "act like an owner" Vertiv value, the Safety Starts With Me initiative encapsulates all the ways we remain dedicated to our vision of a safe and environmentally sound workplace. The program serves as an ongoing reminder that each employee, every day, is responsible for safety excellence.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I)
At Vertiv, we believe that innovative solutions are often developed from having a diversity of viewpoints and perspectives at the table.
Vertiv’s Code of Conduct guides the conduct we expect from all of our employees. As a part of this Code, Vertiv sets forth key DE&I principles, as follows:
- We promote inclusion and equal opportunities with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination.
- Employees are encouraged to expand the diversity of candidate pools, and to be open and welcoming to a variety of different points of view and backgrounds.
- We wish to build and foster an inclusive culture where employees have opportunities to grow, develop, lead, and effect positive change.
- We believe in diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity not because it is the legally responsible thing to do, but rather, it is the right thing to do, and ultimately, it benefits Vertiv.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement, included in our Code of Conduct, states that there will be no discrimination or harassment against an employee or applicant on the grounds of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
Vertiv is proud to be a global citizen and support the communities where we live and work. We do this by engaging with colleagues and partners to drive positive change in our communities.
- Vertiv is a Founding Partner and Official Data Center Equipment Provider of Columbus Crew SC, a Major League Soccer (MLS) team based in our hometown of Columbus, Ohio. In addition to partnering together to deliver a state-of-the-art fan experience, Vertiv and the Crew have worked together to support the Special Olympics and to introduce local students to careers and opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
Vertiv encourages and supports employees in their community volunteer efforts. Individuals and groups of Vertiv employees have organized efforts around the fight against cancer and heart disease to combating issues like hunger and homelessness.
Finance & Tax team members support Furniture Bank of Central Ohio
Vertiv China donates laptops to Du'an Chengbei Primary School
Vertiv Manila Supports Project PEARLS’ Hunger Relief Project
Employee-led volunteerism has spurred a number of activities, including but not limited to:
- Partnership with the United Way to help community members succeed in areas of health, education, and financial stability.
- Participation in community walks, runs, and bike races, where employees represent Team Vertiv to raise money and support in the fight against various health-related issues.
- Support of local food security organizations where employees raise money, collects goods, and volunteer time to provide meals, shelter, and safety to those in need.
Supporting Education, STEM, and closing the Digital Divide
Nurturing the next generation of talent in all fields is one of our most important objectives. We have many corporate initiatives, including internships and co-op programs to help young people learn about opportunities in science, technology and engineering. Many of our leaders mentor young professionals inside and outside our company, and volunteer on boards to facilitate learning and hands-on experience.
At Vertiv, continuous education and professional development is a part of who we are. Our ability to drive innovation sits with our employees around the globe and the ability to keep them trained and engaged on the latest areas of technology, professional development, and the law. Vertiv operates 21 training centers globally to provide consistent and accessible training around the world. With a focus on early career hiring, we leverage our strong culture of learning and development to empower employees to be leaders at work and in their communities.
In the communities where we live and work, Vertiv teams support the advancement of education, STEM, and work to help close the digital divide.
- Our teams in Cluj-Napoca work with organizations to bring students, university professors, and enterprises together to cultivate a better understanding of today’s labor market.
- Our teams in China help fund schools with space, resources, and equipment that provide students hands-on learning experiences.
- Our teams in Columbus, Ohio work with the Crew to host local students for a STEM-day, providing a hands-on experience of the role science, technology, engineering, and math play in delivering a professional stadium experience.