Privacy Notice for Customers and Suppliers (in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) takes effect on January 1, 2020 and it reinforces the protection of personal information for California residents. Vertiv is committed to safeguarding personal information in compliance with the CCPA. This privacy notice explains how Vertiv Group Corporation or its affiliate (“Vertiv”), as data controller, processes the personal information of contacts, representatives, and/or shareholders of your company that are collected by Vertiv during the contractual relationship with your company.
Please review this privacy notice with individuals in your company who may provide personal information to Vertiv.
Personal information processed
We collect, store, and use the following personal information:
- Identifiers, including name, address, email address, telephone number, job title, login information (username and password), and other similar identifiers; and
- Professional or employment-related information, including public positions such as government official, political party official, and candidate for public office.
Information likely to disclose the existence of criminal convictions and ongoing criminal proceedings may also be processed (e.g., to comply with anti-mafia, money laundering, and counter-terrorism legislation).
Purposes of the processing
Each category of personal information of contacts, representatives, and/or shareholders of your company may be processed for the following purposes:
- to assess whether Vertiv may enter into and/or continue a contractual relationship with your company;
- to send communications to you and your company regarding changes and/or announcements regarding Vertiv’s products, services, and business operations;
- to manage contractual relationships with your company, including the relevant administrative and accounting obligations; and
- to ensure Vertiv’s and its affiliates’ continuing compliance with applicable anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, and other laws applicable to Vertiv and its affiliates regarding the arrangements to be entered into with your company.
Protection of personal information
Personal information will be processed in accordance with the principles of correctness, lawfulness, and transparency.
Rest assured that we maintain appropriate security, technical, and organizational measures that ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of unauthorized access to, and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of, personal information transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed. We ensure that our third-party service providers who access or handle personal information on our behalf maintain the same safeguards.
Personal information will be processed manually or electronically, using automated tools that ensure the security and confidentiality of the information.
We will process only personal information necessary for the purposes described above. The people authorized to process personal information will immediately delete or make anonymous personal information unnecessary for the above purposes.
Data retention period
For contractual purposes, personal information will be retained for the entire duration of the contractual relationship with your company and for 6 years thereafter. At the end of this period, personal information will be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Disclosure and sale of personal information
Each category of personal information described above will be disclosed to the extent necessary for Vertiv to fulfil its contractual obligations to your company and under applicable law.
- Personal information may be processed by our employees authorized to process personal information for the purposes described above.
- Personal information may be processed for business purposes by those authorized to maintain and develop Vertiv’s information technology systems, companies that provide computer and electronic or storage services, outsourcing service providers, consultants, and Vertiv affiliates.
- Personal information may be shared with the administrative and control bodies of Vertiv and its affiliates.
- Personal information may be shared with government agencies, professionals, law firms, and notaries. Such entities or individuals may act as autonomous data controllers or data processors.
- Personal information may be transferred to other companies of the Vertiv group or third parties located outside of the United States of America. In such cases, Vertiv will take appropriate measures to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect personal information.
Vertiv does not sell personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Manage processing of personal information
Residents of California have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of personal information that has been collected;
- to request deletion of personal information that has been collected (with exceptions);
- to request disclosure of the categories of personal information collected; the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; the categories of third parties with whom the personal information is disclosed; and the specific pieces of personal information collected;
- to request disclosure of the categories of personal information sold and the categories of third parties to whom personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom personal information was sold; and the categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose;
- to opt out of the sale of personal information; and
- nondiscrimination should an individual exercise his/her rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your data privacy rights or to obtain more information, you may contact Vertiv at:
- By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone at: 1 (800) 376-2127
- By US mail at: Vertiv Group Corporation, Chief Compliance Officer, 1050 Dearborn Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43085
To opt out of the sale of your personal information, visit this page:
If you have difficulty accessing any material on this privacy notice because of a disability, please contact us in writing or by telephone and we will work with you to make the information available.