Vertiv engineers cooling strategies for two critical applications—imaging suites and network closets—to enable reliable, uninterrupted patient care while significantly improving energy efficiency.
To accommodate greater demand for healthcare services, a major healthcare facility located in South Florida launched a vertical expansion of an existing bed tower, adding three stories and 75,000 square feet, including 96 patient rooms, imaging suites, and nurses’ stations. As a long-time partner to the hospital and provider of the IT infrastructure for its data center, Vertiv was the obvious choice to provide cooling solutions for the imaging suites as well as the network closets on the new floors. The Vertiv team worked with the architecture and engineering firm to specify solutions tailored to both applications to ensure 100% uptime of the hospital’s revenue-generating imaging equipment and its critical IT networks while extending the life of UPS batteries, maximizing energy efficiency, and ensuring a comfortable environment for both patients and staff.
- Enhanced reliability and increased protection for critical imaging and IT equipment
- Prevented over cooling, improving energy efficiency by as much as 20%
- Optimized the environment for equipment and people, improving patient care and patient and provider satisfaction
- Trained internal staff to operate and maintain their cooling systems to optimize availability and reliability long-term
- Provided peace of mind, convenience, and additional protection through a hassle-free extended warranty covering parts and services on all equipment
|Critical Need:||Everyone in a hospital—from the patients and providers to the administrators and owners—pays the price when cooling solutions fail. Most importantly, hospitals and their staff and patients rely on 100% reliability of medical equipment and hospital information systems. While these systems cannot be compromised, patients and providers must also be kept comfortable and cooling costs must be controlled. Ultimately, facilities and IT staff need the ability to easily spec and order power and cooling equipment that is reliable, space-efficient, and intelligent with remote monitoring capabilities, all at the lowest total cost of ownership.|
|Vertiv Solution:||The Vertiv team provided Liebert® DataMate™ precision environmental cooling systems to deliver reliable, flexible, cost-efficient temperature and humidity control for the sensitive IT and cooling equipment.|