Global Data Privacy and Cookies Policy
Last update: December 14, 2021
Please read this entire Global Data Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy”) carefully before using our websites, email notifications, mobile applications, social media applications, widgets, and other online services (the “Services”) because it will help you understand what data we collect, how we use and share it, and what your choices are with respect to your data.
Vertiv may collect Personal Information, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”).
This Policy describes how Vertiv Holdings LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Vertiv,” “our,” “us” or “we”) may collect, use and share your Personal Information and what privacy choices we may offer you when you use our Services.
Vertiv (NYSE: VRT) brings together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services to ensure its customers’ vital applications run continuously, perform optimally and grow with their business needs. Vertiv solves the most important challenges facing today’s data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial facilities with a portfolio of power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs approximately 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries.
We support today’s growing mobile and cloud computing markets with a portfolio of power, thermal and infrastructure management solutions including Alber™, Avocent®, Chloride®, Geist™, Liebert®, and Netsure™ brands.
By using our Services, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
We may update this Policy from time to time. Please check the “Effective Date” at the top of this page to see when this Policy was last revised. Unless otherwise noted, any changes we make to this Policy will become effective immediately once posted on this page. Your continued use of the Services following any changes to this Policy indicates your consent to the practices described in the revised Policy. Unless stated otherwise, our current Policy applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
You can modify your cookies preferences at any time, click on Cookies Settings.
Vertiv is a global company, with legal entities, business activities, management, and system infrastructure throughout the world and we are committed to safeguarding personal data worldwide according to the rules set forth in this Policy and applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
Collection of Personal Information
Through your use of the Services, we may collect Personal Information from you, including without limitation:
- Identifiers, including your first and last name, email, username, phone number, company and home address, (“Contact Information”).
- Credit card number, billing address, shipping address, security code and other payment transaction and verification details (“Payment Information”).
- Professional or employment-related information, including your company, job title, and employment status.
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Pages and products viewed, items added to your shopping cart, ads that you clicked on, emails from us that you opened, browser type, operating system ("OS"), Internet Protocol ("IP") address and device information, including date and time. We may also collect non-precise IP-based geolocation information about the approximate physical location of your computer or device, derived from the IP address of such computer or device; if you are in the United States, we will collect your zip code, and if you are outside of the United States, we will collect your country. (collectively, “Analytical Information”).
- Publicly available information about you from third-party sources, such as the postal service for shipping address verification.
- Mobile OS, a mobile device identifier embedded by us, or other commonly used mobile device identifiers.
- Your Personal Information may be collected from the use of technologies such as electronic communication protocols, cookies, embedded URLs or pixels, or widgets, buttons and tools.
We may collect your Personal Information or usage data from third parties, including without limitation:
- Email address and other collected Personal Information about you may be forwarded to Vertiv by a third-party website when you request for Vertiv to contact you through such third-party.
- Your Personal Information may be forwarded to Vertiv when you choose to participate in a third-party application or feature, such as live chat, one of our social media pages or a similar application or feature on a third-party website.
- Your Personal Information may be collected from the use of third-party cookies and other similar tracking technology (collectively "Third-Party Cookies").
Additional Personal Information may be forwarded to Vertiv from third parties to combine with the Personal Information we collect through your use of the Services in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to focus content we provide to you and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you based upon the information we have collected.
We will apply the terms of our Policy to any Personal Information received from a third party, unless we have disclosed to you otherwise. Vertiv is not responsible for these third parties' dissemination of your Personal Information.
Legal basis for processing Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be processed in accordance with the principles of correctness, lawfulness, and transparency.
Unless otherwise permitted by applicable law, Vertiv will only process your Personal Information on the following basis:
- Contract execution
- Legal obligation
- Vital interest
- Public task
- Legitimate interest
If we have collected and process your Personal Information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing basis other than consent.
Purpose and Use of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be processed for the following purposes:
a) Compliance: to fulfill obligations provided by law and regulations.
b) Customer Service: We may use your Contact Information to receive and respond to your questions about products, services, or warranties and to communicate with you about contests, surveys, or sweepstakes. To address your questions, we may also request your industry and/or the name and address of the dealer that sold you our product.
c) Account/Website registration: to create an online account, whether as a General User, a Vertiv Partner or a Vertiv Consultant, and your experience will vary depending on your type of account (e.g., with a General User account, you can edit your profile, visit the forums, and add your employer’s name and your job title; with a Partner and a Consultant account, you may, in addition to the above, access more information unavailable without login and you have more privileges in terms of engaging in the forums);
d) Analytics: When you use the Services, we automatically collect and use Analytical Information in order for us to continually improve your experience with our Services and to target marketing and advertising to you.
e) Location-Based Services: We may use your current location, provided address and/or zip code to provide you the location of the retailer of our products or other appropriate information.
f) Marketing: to send marketing communications (e.g., newsletters on latest trends and technologies, and news regarding our business, events, new products and services, and updates/news on existing products and services); to conduct market research; and to objectively rank one sales lead against another by using lead scoring to evaluate criteria such as job title, industry, and engagement with Vertiv marketing activities and website. Vertiv’s lead scoring is used exclusively to decide whether the sales department will make sales calls and/or conduct sales activities in relationship to you. No decisions are made with any legal effects, or that significantly affect you. Vertiv’s lead scoring does not analyses or predict aspects concerning your performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, or interests (except for Vertiv product interest), reliability or behavior, or movements. Location is considered for internal Vertiv territory assignment. Vertiv does not consider gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation as part of its lead scoring process.
We may also use your Personal Information in other ways that are consistent with the above-described purposes and to otherwise administer our websites and provide our Services to you.
The legal bases for processing Personal Information are the following:
(a): Legal Obligation.
(b), (c), (d) and (e): Contract execution and/or legitimate interest.
Providing your Personal Information is required for the purposes under points (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e), consequently, refusal to provide the requested Personal Information or its inaccuracy may prevent Vertiv from providing you with an account registration and Services.
Providing your Personal Information for marketing under point (f) is optional; however, refusal to provide the data for this purpose may prevent Vertiv from providing you additional or tailored information on products/services. You may revoke your consent at any time.
Remember you can modify your cookies preferences at any time by changing your Cookies Settings.
Data Protection and Privacy Rights
If you have created an online account with Vertiv or one of its subsidiaries or companies and would like to update the information you have provided in your online account, you can access your account on this website to view and make changes or corrections to your information. If you do not want to receive marketing or other communications from us, please use the unsubscribe method provided in our communications. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer period is required or allowed by law.
- access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information.
- object to the processing of your Personal Information.
- ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information.
- request portability of your Personal Information.
- Opt-out of marketing communications.
Also, you can exercise your right to opt-out of marketing communications, at any time, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you.
In your request, please specify what right you want to execute and what Personal Information this is referring to.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority for your country or region about how we collect and use your Personal Information.
California Residents may contact us using the details provided under the heading “Notice to California Residents”.
Personal Information Transfer to Affiliates and Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with companies, organizations and individuals as described below.
Affiliates and Third Parties. We may share your Personal Information with Vertiv’s subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies worldwide, including our unaffiliated dealers, manufacturers, and suppliers for these companies to contact you about their products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you. By accessing our websites, registering for an account or service with us, or otherwise providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer of your Personal Information worldwide as provided in this Policy. To choose to opt out of such disclosures, you can contact us using the contact details provided under the heading below “Contact Us”. This Policy does not govern unaffiliated third-party websites or any other website that does not link to this Policy.
Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with affiliated and unaffiliated companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include processing payments, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, locational services, analyzing website or mobile application usage data, customer service, electronic and postal mail service, contests/surveys/sweepstakes administration, marketing services, social commerce, and media services (e.g., Facebook, ratings, reviews, forums), and calculating, managing, and reporting sales tax. Third-party service providers receive your Personal Information as necessary to perform their role, and we instruct them not to use your Personal Information for any other purposes.
Professionals, law firms and notaries. Your data may be shared with professionals, law firms, and notaries for auditing and due diligence activities. The above entities/individuals will act as autonomous data controllers or data processors.
As Required or Appropriate by Law. We will use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, including without limitation:
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, to comply with legal processes and to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence.
- To enforce our terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations thereof.
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy brands, stores, subsidiaries, or business units. We may share and/or transfer your Personal Information with a third-party in such transactions (including without limitation, any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries, or other assets). Customer information may be a transferred business asset in such a transaction.
Based on Your Consent. We may share or disclose your Personal Information with your consent.
Anonymization. We may share aggregated data that has been anonymized (so that you are not identified) with third parties – like publishers, advertisers or connected websites – and may make this data publicly available. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services or products.
Public Forums. Our websites may offer publicly accessible blogs, message boards, or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You may request removal of your Personal Information from our blog, message board, or community forum, you can contact us using the contact details provided under the heading below “Contact Us”. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to remove your Personal Information from the identified blog, message board, or community forum. If we are unable to remove such Personal Information, we will notify you and provide the reason we are unable to take such action.
Accessing the Services from Outside the United States. Personal Information collected through the Services may be stored on servers inside the United States or in countries outside the United States. By using any of our Services, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as described in this Policy, including the transfer of your information to Vertiv in the United States and other countries where Vertiv and its affiliates and subsidiaries operate. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the heading below “Contact Us ”. Prior uses and disclosures will not be affected unless required by applicable law, and we may otherwise continue to process your Personal Information in accordance with our statutory obligations and internal policies and procedures.
EU-based individual. If you are an EU-based individual, please consider that your Personal Information may be transferred to other companies of the Vertiv group, or third parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In such cases, Vertiv will take appropriate measures to ensure that safeguards are in place by verifying that (i) Binding Corporate Rules approved by the supervisory authority are in place, (ii) Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission are entered into with the third-party and, if required, supplementary measures to ensure that the law of those countries to which the data is transferred does not impinge on the adequate level of protection the EEA guarantees or (iii) other lawful data transfer mechanism. A copy of the appropriate safeguards is available at Vertiv’s headquarters and on by contacting us using the contact details provided under the heading below “Contact Us”.
Cross-border transfer. Please consider that your Personal Information may be transferred to other companies of the Vertiv Group or third parties located outside of your country and/or region. In such cases, Vertiv will take appropriate measures to ensure that safeguards are in place to ensure data protection. A copy of the appropriate safeguards is available at Vertiv’s headquarters and on by contacting us using the contact details provided under the heading below “Contact Us”.
- Make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your shopping cart between visits).
- Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information); and
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our website, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
We also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the Services to:
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our websites, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
- More effectively market our products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Obtain your feedback on our products and the Services; and
Allow you to engage in our social media offerings (e.g., clicking the “Like” button on our website)
The options/settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. Upon the beginning of each of your visits to our websites, the website also provides the ability to turn off all non-strictly necessary cookies for the Vertiv websites during that visit. Please be advised that disabling cookies through either method may impact many of our websites’ features. Although not all cookies and similar technologies that we use are required for you to use the Services, disabling these technologies altogether could prevent the Services from working properly and disable features that allow you to take full advantage of the Services we offer.
You can modify your cookies preferences at any time by changing your Cookies Settings.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies enable, for example, a website to remember your actions and preferences (for example, login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so that you do not have to keep re-entering them whenever you revisit a site or browse various pages.
Like most websites this size, Vertiv will sometimes place cookies on your device to make our website work properly, improve your experience or track your navigation of the website, in order to send you promotional messages targeted to your preferences. We also allow third parties to place cookies on your device when you use the website.
Cookies types we use
Below is a summary of the different types of Cookies we use and for what purposes:
- Technical cookies. These cookies are essential to ensure the correct functioning of the website, to allow you to register/login and access reserved features, and to allow us to monitor the security of the website and improve operating performance, for example, by storing your preferences to enhance your subsequent visits.
Please be aware that if you refuse or disable Technical cookies, the proper functioning of some features and access to some parts of the website might be affected (for example, you might not be able to access features that require registration/login) and we might not be able to provide you with a better browsing experience.
Your consent is not required to install and use technical cookies; the legal basis for using these cookies is a contract with you granting you website access and services as a user.
- Analytics cookies. These Cookies allow us to collect and analyze traffic and use of the website on an anonymous basis and to understand and improve how visitors use the website, including which pages and products are viewed most frequently. These cookies are not strictly necessary for the website to work but will provide you a better browsing experience.
- Profiling cookies. These cookies allow us to track your navigation of the website to create profiles of your tastes, habits, choices, etc., to send you promotional messages targeted to your preferences. Refusal of these cookies will not affect the proper functioning of the website but will prevent us from being able to send you promotional messages targeted to your preferences.
Your consent is required for Analytics and Profiling cookies: please manage your cookies preferences at Cookies Settings.
Some technical cookies are session cookies: they are stored temporarily during a browsing session and are automatically deleted from your device when the browser is closed. Other cookies are persistent cookies: they are not automatically deleted when the browser is closed but are saved on your device for a fixed period (for example, until the end of the year) or until you delete them.
First party and third-party cookies
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Vertiv) are called "first-party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third-party cookies”.
Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., like advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and when it visits certain other websites.
For more information on which cookies we use, click here.
How to control cookies?
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to:
- Configure your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, you can accept or deny it.
- Disable existing cookies; or
- Configure your browser to automatically reject any cookies. However, but if you do, you may have to adjust some preferences every time you visit a site, and some services and functionalities may not work.
Additionally, you can modify your cookies preferences while navigating at Vertiv website at any time by clicking on Cookies Settings.
Advertising and Social Networking
Handling and Security
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information, including assuring that third-party service providers who access or handle Personal Information on our behalf and affiliates maintain such safeguards. However, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure or error-free, so it is not possible to guarantee absolute security. You must protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer and be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us using the contact details provided under the heading below “Contact Us”.
Where we have given you or you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain portions of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone.
Your Personal Information will be processed manually or electronically using automated tools that ensure the security and confidentiality of the data.
Your Personal Data may be processed by our employees authorized to process personal data for the purposes set out above. Vertiv may appoint external data processors to manage customer relationship databases; to send newsletters; to provide call center, credit recovery, logistics and telematics payment services; and to carry out surveys. If you wish to know the list of our external providers, please contact us.
Retention of Personal Information
Vertiv will retain your Personal Information as long there is a legal basis for processing it, including but not limited to:
- Fulfill the purpose of this Policy.
- Provide you Services.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve disputes.
- Enforce agreements.
- To the maximum period permitted by law.
Also, your Personal Information will be kept by us:
- For contractual purposes: for the entire duration of your subscription on this website and, following the withdrawal of your registration, for the period of 24 months, unless itis necessary for the purposes of (i) establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims and keeping accounting records of Vertiv and the companies of the Vertiv group, and (ii) fulfilment of legal obligations applicable to Vertiv and the companies of the Vertiv group. Please bear in mind that the statute of limitations and other applicable regulations may vary for each jurisdiction: for further information you can contact us using the contact details provided under the heading below “Contact Us".
- for sending newsletters, advertising material, and other communications on new products/services and updates/news on existing products/services, and for carrying out surveys, including on customer satisfaction: for 24 months from their collection, unless it is necessary under, or permitted by, applicable laws to keep them longer.
After the retention period, Vertiv will delete or anonymize your Personal Information. If this is not possible, then Vertiv will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Notice to Employment Applicants
Certain pages of our websites include the ability for people interested in working for Vertiv or one of its subsidiaries or companies to find out more information about employment opportunities at Vertiv, its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. To apply for open positions using our website, you must create an employment profile through our website here, which includes the information that Vertiv requests you to provide, and that you may choose to provide, to be considered for employment (the “Employment Applicant Information”).
Prior to creating an employment profile, you must affirmatively consent to the privacy terms governing the submission of your information to Vertiv for employment purposes here. The terms that you agree to in order to create an employment profile shall govern Vertiv’s use of the information you provide to apply for employment. Vertiv will use Employment Applicant Information for evaluation and hiring purposes, and communication in furtherance of the evaluation and hiring purposes.
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C., §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R., §§ 312.1-312.12, our website does not permit children under 13 years of age to become users, and we do not intentionally collect information from children. By using our website, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older.
Vertiv, whose global headquarters is located at 1050 Dearborn Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43085, USA, acts as the Joint Data Controller of your Personal Information together with the other companies of the Vertiv group with which your Personal Information may be shared.
You can execute your rights at any time by contacting us by completing this webform (click here), or sending an email to email@example.com or for California Residents only by calling +1 (800) 376-2127.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as possible within the required timeframe specified in the data protection and privacy law of the country and state you are residing in.
Notice to California Residents
This section applies to California Residents only.
Disclosure and sale of personal information
Each category of personal information described above will be disclosed for business purposes and to the extent necessary for Vertiv to fulfil its obligations under applicable law.
As described in this Policy Personal Information we collect from consumers might be shared for business or commercial purposes with third parties. Please to learn more about how Vertiv share information with Affiliates and third-party go to “Personal Information Transfer to Affiliates and Third Parties”. Except as described on this paragraph, Vertiv does not sell your Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Manage processing of your personal information
Residents of California have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of your personal information that has been collected.
- to request deletion of your personal information that has been collected (with exceptions).
- to request disclosure of the categories of personal information collected; the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; the categories of third parties with whom the personal information is disclosed; and the specific pieces of personal information collected.
- to request disclosure of the categories of your personal information sold and the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom your personal information was sold; and the categories of your personal information disclosed for a business purpose.
- to opt out of the sale of your personal information; and
- nondiscrimination should you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your data privacy rights or to obtain more information, you may contact Vertiv at:
By completing this webform (click here)
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone at: 1 (800) 376-2127
By US mail at: Vertiv Group Corporation, Chief Compliance & Integrity Officer, 1050 Dearborn Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43085
To opt out of the sale of your personal information, visit this page: https://www.vertiv.com/en-us/privacy-policy/privacy-notice-for-website-california/do-not-sell-my-personal-information/
If you have difficulty accessing any material on this Policy because of a disability, please contact us in writing or by telephone and we will work with you to make the information available.