POWERING AND PROTECTING
5G CELL SITES
Delivering the ultra-low latency and high bandwidth at frequencies most compatible with 5G requires dense networks with far more cell sites than existing 3G and 4G architectures. These sites require powerful computing resources that potentially could double energy consumption at each tower and fundamentally change the demands placed on the power and cooling infrastructure.
Reliable, efficient DC power systems are critical to 5G network expansion and the reduction of OpEx across those 5G sites. In addition, those power-hungry 5G radios present practical challenges. Without the necessary power boost, the power drop from the base of the tower to the radio often forces a battery draw that could leave the site unprepared for an unexpected outage. We have solutions for all these needs, as well as the cabinets and enclosures to protect 5G equipment from the elements, vandalism and theft.
Vertiv is enabling a major infrastructure provider to develop their energy strategy by reducing their consumption burden in implementing 5G, and contributing to their sustainability commitments by adding solar capabilities to Radio Access sites. Deploying NetSure solar converters and panels ensures site energy efficiency without service disruption. Adding Solar Panels and Converters to a site in this way helps to reduce the operating costs from the utility provider and helps the environment with a reduction in fossil fuels consumed by Diesel Generators. It’s a Win-Win scenario.
TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR 5G ACCESS NETWORK CHALLENGES
- Sizing the DC power system to meet current and future requirements
- Meeting the need for rapid deployment
- Ensuring no downtime when expanding power and load distribution
- Improving energy efficiency with upgrade or retrofit
- Monitoring site usage and power consumption
- Ensuring DC power systems offer efficient operation without compromising reliability
- Evaluating viability of alternative energy sources
- Scaling for future growth
- Measuring distance between DC power system and radio
- Ensuring cabling meets site needs
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Fill out the form or give us a call to connect to a specialist.
Thank you for your submission!
We will contact you shortly.