About the company
Telefónica, S.A. is an integrated and diversified telecommunications group operating in Europe and Latin America. The Company's services and products include mobile business, fixed-line telephony business and digital services. Its segments include Telefónica Spain, Telefónica Brazil, Telefónica Germany, Telefónica United Kingdom and Telefónica Hispanoamerica (formed by the Company's operators in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela and Central America, Ecuador and Uruguay).
- Reduced the OPEX of hybrid sites
- Fuel consumption decreased from 240 k USD per year
- Diesel generator maintenance reduced from 13 services per year to 1 every 8 months
- Provided return on investment in less than 3 years
- Enhanced energy efficiency to align with wider business goals
Upgrade off-grid sites composed of standard solar panels, batteries and diesel generators to reduce energy consumption and to keep up with evolving broadband cellular technlogy.