Privacy Notice for Company Website - Thailand
Effective Date: June 16, 2021
Privacy notice for website is issued in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019) (“PDPA”).
Thai version of this Privacy Notice is available at https://www.vertiv.com/en-asia/privacy-policy/privacy-notice-for-company-website-for-thailand-users/
This notice explains how Vertiv Group Corporation (“Vertiv”) collects and processes the personal data that you provide when using our website or that are provided by third parties.
Vertiv is a Delaware corporation established in the United States and, as site owner, acts as joint data controller together with the different companies of the Vertiv group to which your personal data may be transmitted to manage the relationship with you and to accommodate your requests.
Please read this privacy notice carefully before using our website because it will help you understand what data we collect, how we use and share the data, and what your choices are in that respect.
Personal data to be collected and processed
Through your use of the website, we may collect personal data pertaining to you, that you have voluntarily provided or through technical means that are controlled by Vertiv, including without limitation:
- contact information, such as your first and last name, email address, username, phone number, and home address;
- your company, job title, and employment status;
- publicly available information about you collected from third parties in accordance with laws;
The terms of this privacy notice apply also to personal data received from third parties in accordance with laws. Vertiv is not responsible for the collection, processing and dissemination of your personal data by third parties.
Purposes of the processing
Your personal data that are collected by Vertiv may be processed for the following purposes:
- Account registration: to to create an online account, whether as a General User, a Vertiv Partner or a Vertiv Consultant, and your experience will vary depending on your type of account (e.g., with a General User account, you can edit your profile, visit the forums, and add your employer’s name and your job title; with a Partner and a Consultant account, you may, in addition to the above, access more information unavailable without login and you have more privileges in terms of engaging in the forums)
- Customer services: to provide you with a response to your questions (e.g., concerning products, services, or warranties) and to inform you about contests, surveys, and sweepstakes; to arrange a meeting with a Vertiv expert; to provide you with e-books, whitepapers, reports, and other documents regarding our business, products and services; and to enable you to attend events (internal and external) and webinars
- to send marketing communications (e.g., newsletters on latest trends and technologies, and news regarding our business, events, new products and services, and updates/news on existing products and services);
- to conduct market research; and
- objectively rank one sales lead against another by using lead scoring to evaluate criteria such as job title, industry, and engagement with Vertiv marketing activities and website. Vertiv’s lead scoring is used exclusively to decide whether the sales department will make sales calls and/or conduct sales activities in relationship to you. No decisions are made with any legal effects, or that significantly affect you. Vertiv’s lead scoring does not analyse or predict aspects concerning your performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences or interests (with the exception of Vertiv product interest), reliability or behaviour, or movements. Location is considered for internal Vertiv territory assignment. Vertiv does not consider gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation as part of its lead scoring process.
Nature of providing the requested data
Providing your personal data is required for the purposes under points (a) and (b); consequently, refusal to provide the requested data or its inaccuracy may prevent Vertiv from providing you with an account registration and customer services.
Providing your personal data for marketing under point (c) is optional; however, refusal to provide the data for this purpose may prevent Vertiv from providing you additional or tailored information on products/services. You may revoke your consent at any time.
Methods and place of processing and place of storage of personal data
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the principles of correctness, lawfulness, and transparency.
Rest assured that we maintain appropriate security, technical, and organizational measures that ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of unauthorized access to, and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of, personal data transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed. We ensure that our affiliates third-party service providers who access or handle personal data on our behalf maintain the same safeguards.
Your personal data will be processed manually or electronically using automated tools that ensure the security and confidentiality of the data.
Your processed data are stored at our registered office or at the office of any external providers we entrust to store personal data. If you wish to know the list of our external providers, please contact us.
We will process only personal data necessary for the above purposes. The people authorized to process personal data will immediately delete or make anonymous personal data unnecessary for the above purposes.
If we have given you, or you have chosen, a password to access certain areas of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential: you should not share your password with anyone.
Data retention period
Your personal data will be kept by us:
- for account registration and customer services purposes: for the entire duration of your subscription on this website and, following the withdrawal of your registration, for the period of 24 months thereafter which is necessary for the purposes of (i) establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims and keeping accounting records of Vertiv and the companies of the Vertiv group, and (ii) fulfilment of legal obligations applicable to Vertiv and the companies of the Vertiv group.
For further information you may contact Vertiv at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- for sending newsletters, advertising material, and other communications on new products/services and updates/news on existing products/services, and for carrying out surveys, including on customer satisfaction: for 24 months from their collection, unless it is necessary under, or permitted by, applicable laws to keep them longer.
The data will will be deleted or rendered anonymous at the end of the above-listed periods.
Data dissemination, sharing and communication
Personal data will be disseminated only to the extent communicated within this notice and necessary for Vertiv to fulfil the obligations provided by law or regulations.
Your data may be processed by our employees (including those based outside the Kingdom of Thailand, such as our global or regional managers or lawyers), who are authorized to process personal data for the purposes set out above. Vertiv may appoint external data processors to manage customer relationship databases; to send newsletters; to provide call center, credit recovery, logistics and telematics payment services; and to carry out surveys.
Your data may be shared with professionals, law firms, and notaries for auditing and due diligence activities (including those based outside the Kingdom of Thailand). The above entities/individuals will act as autonomous data controllers or data processors, in accordance with laws.
The list of the above entities/individuals is kept up-to-date, and you can access it at our office on request.
Please consider that, in the event that it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes of data collection and processing by Vertiv as specified in this notice or for your interest, your personal data may be transferred to other companies of the Vertiv group or third parties located outside the Kingdom of Thailand. In such cases, Vertiv will take appropriate measures to ensure that safeguards are in place by ensuring a contract is in place with each third party, that provides a comparable level of protection and that requires the third party to: (i) only process personal data on Vertiv’s instructions; (ii) ensure those accessing personal data keep it confidential; (iii) implement appropriate security measures; (iv) not engage another processor without Vertiv’s prior instruction; (v) assist and support Vertiv when data subjects exercise their rights; (vi) assist and support Vertiv to comply with the PDPA; (vii) at the choice of Vertiv, return or destroy personal data at the end of the contract; (viii) demonstrate compliance to Vertiv and submit to audits; (ix) inform Vertiv if our instructions conflict with the PDPA; and (x) in cases of proposed overseas transfers, to disclose the geographic location of the processing and to only transfer or process the data overseas upon Vertiv’s written consent. Copies of the relevant policies providing these safeguards are available at Vertiv Thailand headquarters and on request at email@example.com.
Your Rights in Personal Data
You have the right to informed of the following:
- the origin of the personal data;
- the purpose of data collection and processing;
- Nature and rationale of data collection and processing;
- the types of collected personal data and data retention period;
- the identity and contact details of the data controller and the data processors;
- the identity of the individuals or categories of individuals to whom your personal data may be sent to or who may acquire your data as appointed representatives of our company in your country of residence or as individuals authorized to process your data
You equally have the right to:
- have your data updated, corrected, erased and supplemented
- have the processing of your personal data restricted, any unlawfully processed data erased, made anonymous, or blocked any unauthorized and unlawful processing.
- request to obtain, in a structured format commonly used and readable by automated devices or equipment, the personal data provided you give us and to have the data transmitted, directly or through Vertiv, to another data controller to the extent that such request is permitted by laws and technically viable.
You also have the right to object, in whole or in part, to:
- the processing of your personal data without authorization and legal basis;
- the processing of your personal data to carry out direct marketing; and
- the processing of your personal data to carry out for scientific and statistical studies;
To exercise your above rights, please email our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that we or a person/company we have communicated your data to has violated your rights, you may file a complaint with the expert committee.
Contact details of the Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
Vertiv, whose global headquarters is located at 1050 Dearborn Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43085, USA, acts as the Joint Data Controller of your personal data together with the other companies of the Vertiv group with which your personal data may be shared, including Vertiv (Thailand) Co., Ltd, with registered office address at 123 Suntowers Building B, 16th Floor, Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road, Chompol, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900 Thailand. To contact us in this respect or to exercise your rights, please email email@example.com.