Vertiv™ SmartMod™ Solution Enables Government Department to Scale Up New Edge Site Within Two Months
November 04, 2021
Brexit has resulted in an increase in red tape for many government departments, especially when it comes to border controls, leading to a demand for additional compute power to enable the processing of sensitive data at new office locations. That’s why one of the UK’s largest public sector organisations came to Vertiv in early 2021 with a requirement to rapidly scale up data processing capacity at its Kent border site, calling for a new edge computing facility.
- Secure data centre infrastructure that was operational in just two months
- Energy efficient, sustainable operations at the network edge
- High reliability for peace of mind
- Simplified service and support and rapid issue resolution when needed
- A plug and play, modular data centre that offers flexibility should the customer have a change in computing requirements in the future
Kent, United Kingdom
The customer needed available compute capacity within an exceptionally short time frame to meet new, Brexit-related obligations. However, due to lack of space, the customer’s facility required a prefabricated, plug-and-play data centre.