Vertiv Supporting E-Governance
As countries all over prepare their city to become 'smarter', they need a highly reliable, agile IT backbone that would allow them to deliver the best and most efficient services to their customers.
What is happening?
Growing Criticality of Smart Cities
- Smart cities is fast becoming one of the world’s most critical industries as more nations invest in technologies to improve the delivery of government services.
- IDC estimates that spending for smart city technologies will grow to $135 billion in 2021.
- Technology disruptions will impact transportation, law enforcement, and public safety, among others.
The Rise of the No-Collar Workforce
- As technology adoption of big data, cloud computing and Internet of Things (IoT) matures, governments will turn to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and analytics in their technology initiatives.
- These trends will enable the no-collar workforce - the increased use of cognitive assets, bots to support the existing workforce.
- With increasing reliance on IT, spotlight will now turn to ensuring the integrity and security of personal data that’s being collected.
- Investments on hardware and software protection against cybercrimes will become a priority.
- Governments must rethink their strategy to include data sovereignty and protection.
Featured Case Studies
One of the UK’s largest public sector organisations came to Vertiv with a requirement to rapidly scale up data processing capacity at its Kent border site, which called for a new edge facility.Read More See all Articles