Problems a Basic Rack PDU Solves:
By choosing a basic rPDU, you’ll gain peace of mind knowing you can reliably distribute power to critical IT equipment in a network rack or cabinet and have the ability to upgrade technology in the future as business needs change.
A basic rack PDU allows you to:
- Reliably distribute power to IT equipment within the cabinet
- Have confidence the rPDU will function as designed due to 100% reliability and functionality testing
- Establish a path for upgrading that doesn't require a complete rPDU replacement
Problems a Metered Rack PDU Solves:
Remove the risk of overload when deploying or moving critical IT equipment by having a metered rack PDU that provides power usage data on a local display, offering better capacity management in addition to reliable distribution.
A Metered Rack PDU allows you to:
- Improve reliability and energy efficiency
- See real-time power usage data down to the phase and circuit levels
- Prevent downtime due to overloads
Problems a Monitored Rack PDU Solves:
Having unit-level and/or outlet-level monitoring of data center power usage, accessible both locally and remotely, enables trending of energy usage and other proactive power management activities essential to maximizing uptime.
A Monitored Rack PDU allows you to:
- Monitor critical power usage information to evaluate energy usage trends and maximize uptime
- Have quick access to rPDU critical operating parameters through a secure user interface
- Receive alert and alarm notifications when user-specified thresholds are breached via email, SMS, and SNMP traps
Problems a Switched Rack PDU Solves:
Gain additional control and better prevent downtime with a switched
A Switched Rack PDU allows you to:
- Remotely turn on, turn off, or reboot power at each outlet to power cycle unresponsive IT equipment
- Set power sequencing time delays to define the order in which to power up or down connected equipment to avoid circuit overload
- Monitor critical power usage data and receive alerts and alarms when user-specified thresholds are breached
Rack Transfer Switch
Problems a Rack Transfer Switch solves:
The Vertiv™ Geist™ Rack Transfer Switch (RTS) delivers redundant power to single corded devices. Two independent power inputs enable users to connect to a primary and secondary power source. The Vertiv™ Geist™ Rack Transfer Switch automatically detects the loss of power and switches the power load to the alternative power source in less than 4-8 milliseconds without the need for human intervention. This ensures equipment remains powered until the primary power source returns providing ultimate mission-critical power reliability.
A rack transfer switch allows you to:
- Deliver redundant power to single corded devices
- Automatically detect the loss of power and switch the power load to the alternative power source
- Transfer speed of less than 4-8 milliseconds
Problems A SwitchAir Solves:
By channeling cool air to the top and back of racks where network switches, load balancers, and routers are located, you will reduce high air intake temperatures and eliminate the threat of failure that comes from overheated switches.
A SwitchAir allows you to:
- Direct cool air to switch intakes
- Keep hot exhaust air out of switch intakes
- Prevent overheating of network switches that
leadsto equipment failure
Problems Environmental Monitors & Sensors Solve:
With environmental monitors, you can be alerted of unfavorable conditions such as rising temperatures, humidity, and moisture that threaten mission-critical equipment and subsequently take necessary action to maintain optimal operation and uptime.
Environmental Monitors & Sensors allow you to:
- Keep an eye on remote conditions from a secure web interface
- Utilize onboard sensors or connect external sensors to monitor for temperature, smoke, water leaks, door position, and more
- Receive alerts via email, SMS, or SNMP traps for abnormal environmental conditions
We're here to help. Download the latest software and firmware for your Geist products; get the right support for product compliance, warranties, and maintenance; or ask Geist experts to get quick answers.