Switched Unit Level Monitored Rack PDU VP8932 is a 30A, 120V 0U vertical with input power monitoring and outlet level switching. It has 20 NEMA 5-20R receptacles and a NEMA L5-30Pproviding 2.8kW of power capacity. A Switched rPDU allows you to turn off outlets to avoid accidental overloads and remotely power cycle equipment to reboot unresponsive equipment. The unit comes equipped with an environmental sensor port and dual ethernet ports.
Saved This Product to Your Dashboard
You just saved this product to your dashboard to view at a later time. You can easily remove the item from your dashboard when you no longer wish to have it saved.
Please login or create an account to save this for later
Switched Unit Level Monitored Rack PDU VP8932 is a 30A, 120V 0U vertical with input power monitoring and outlet level switching. It has 20 NEMA 5-20R receptacles and a NEMA L5-30Pproviding 2.8kW of power capacity. A Switched rPDU allows you to turn off outlets to avoid accidental overloads and remotely power cycle equipment to reboot unresponsive equipment. The unit comes equipped with an environmental sensor port and dual ethernet ports.Warranty: Vertiv™ Geist™ Switched rPDUs come with a standard three-year warranty that is automatically extended to five years, if the product is registered within 120 days of purchase.
Vertiv™ Geist™ Switched rack PDUs (rPDU) provide a comprehensive view of critical IT equipment power usage, both at the rack and via remote access with the added ability to remotely turn on, turn off, or reboot power at each outlet. Switched rPDUs are available in a variety of electrical and receptacle configurations. Switched rPDUs meet all compliance requirements, and every unit is 100% tested for reliability and functionality.
- Product Overview
- Input Voltage
- Output Voltage
- Output Options
- (24) 5-20R
- RoHS, UL & c-UL Listed 60950, FCC Part 15 Class A
- Reimagining Rack PDUs Through Modular Design
- Powering the Cloud, Using Intelligent rPDUs to Prevent the Storms of Downtime - White Paper
- Leveraging Smartphones for Improved Operations in the Data Center - White Paper
- How to Protect Your Data Center from Environmental Threats - White Paper
- Proactive Monitoring for the Dynamic Data Center - White Paper
- Avoid the Meltdown: Your rPDU is High Temperature Rated, but Are the Components?
*To see model-specific downloads, you will need to go to the model-specific product page by selecting the model name in the specifications chart above.
Find Your Area Contact
Products Support Contacts
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of readings does the Switched Upgradeable rPDU provide?
- The Monitored Upgradeable rPDU provides Input Power Monitoring (A, V, VA, kWh, PF) and Circuit Monitoring (A) where applicable determined by the base rPDU model.
- Do the Switched rPDUs monitor power usage at the input and circuit level?
- Yes, the Switched rPDUs monitor and display the input/circuit power readings for the rPDU where applicable determined by the base rPDU model.
- What is the benefit to monitoring at the outlet level?
- Monitoring at the outlet level allows you to pinpoint system-critical failures and take preventative measures. For example, a gradual rise in a server’s current draw over time might indicate a failing power supply. Outlet level monitoring can also track where power is being used for departmentalized power billing in large companies.
- What is the accuracy rating of the power readings at the outlet?
- Outlet Power Measurements Compliant with ANSI C12.1 and IEC 62053-21 at 1% Accuracy Class Requirements.
- How many and what type of environmental sensors can be connected to a Switched rPDU?
- Up to 16 external sensors can be connected to the Switched rPDUs. These sensors can include: Temperature, Temp/Humidity, Flood, Smoke, Door Position and more.